Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quotes That Make You Think

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Maya Angelou

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus
"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
Albert Einstein
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
Oscar Wilde
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
Robert Frost
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Maya Angelou
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Mae West
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
C.S. Lewis
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Douglas Adams (The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Douglas Adams (The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul)
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
Mother Teresa
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
Anaïs Nin


goodreads.com/quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment